As part of the health care team, Hemodialysis Technicians provide safe and excellent care to dialysis patients, whose focus is to improve quality of life. This 280-hour program makes successful students eligible to sit for the Certification Exam conducted by the California Dialysis Council as Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT).
Admission Standards & Screening Requirements
- Be at least 16 years of age at the start of the program.
- A high school graduate or completed GED
- Copy of current California Driver’s License or State ID
- Copy of Social Security Card
- CPR Certification (may be taken at Careway Health Institute)
Unfortunately, the growing population of dialysis patients results to a better job security for Hemodialysis Technicians. There is a great professional advancement from large dialysis organizations, higher paying job, and excellent benefits.